Occupational Programs Offered
- Instructional Training Natural Hair (Certificate)
- Natural Hair Styling (Certificate)
class schedule (Part-Time)
- Tuesday thru Friday 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (Night)
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Weekend)
*NOTE* Schedule may vary based upon student enrollment.
Facilities – Equipment
Levels Hair Institute is located within a short distance from Raleigh and Chapel Hill. The building contains approximately 2,300 square feet, and ample parking is located on the left side and rear of the building. The school space is easily accessible to persons with or without disabilities. Special Areas of the School Are Designated for classrooms and clinic floor for practice and service of clients on service day. There are training stations that contain stylish chairs, blackboards, dry eraser boards, shampoo bowls, dryers, tools, and related supplies needed to complete this course. All equipment is well-maintained and operable.
The faculty and staff of Levels Hair Institute are here to help you succeed. Our attitude is sincere and evident as a standard at Levels Hair Institute. LHI provides academic advising to students to ensure satisfactory progress is made throughout the student’s program. A student may schedule an advising session with an appropriate school official during business hours or as staff’s schedule permits
- Ratio of Students to Teachers: 10:1
- School student enrollment limitation: 10
Admissions and Enrollment Requirements
It is required that all students have a high school diploma or its equivalent to be admitted into an NC Cosmetic Art Program. Upon completion of The Program, The Student may be issued a Natural Hair Care license, after payment of the required fee and passing the examination given by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts Examiners. The Natural Hair Care program is approved by the North Carolina State Approving Agency to offer training to veterans and other eligible dependents under the Veterans Administration educational benefits programs. The Veterans Administration will be notified of any change in enrollment status for those students certified to receive veterans’ education benefits.
- Before Enrollment
- Each applicant is required to complete a career profile sheet, interview with an admissions counselor, and tour the facilities.
- After interviewing with the admissions office, students are to meet with the financial department for an interview.
- EnrollingTo qualify for admissions at Levels Hair Institute, every applicant must be at least 16 years of age and submit the following to admissions.
- Enrollment Application
- Proof of Earned HS Diploma, GED, or Recognized Equivalent
- North Carolina State ID (Driver’s License or Standard ID)
- Social Security Card or Tax ID
All students must attend orientation before starting classes
For teachers training, every applicant must follow the admissions procedure and also submit the following:
1.Current Natural Hair License
2.Certification of High School Diploma/GET or equivalent
Requirements for Requesting Transcript
To receive hours, grades, or achievements, any indebtedness to the school must be satisfied in full, and a written request must be made to the registrar.